The Buckhorn Area Quilters’ Guild has hosted popular quilt shows in September of alternate years in the Buckhorn area from 2008 to 2016. The beautiful outdoor setting of this venue adds to the charm of the quilt show. Many vendors are in the small buildings.
The Buckhorn Area Quilters’ Guild show in 2016 was as great a success as our previous shows have been. Please see the Gallery page for our Viewers’ Choice winners, as well as the rest of the 163 total entries in the show. The quilts have been divided into their various categories to make your viewing easier and the download time shorter. We hope your enjoy the pictures.
See the Contact page for a map to the area.
The show included:
• displays of member’s quilts, handwork and crafts as well as previous winning quilts in the main building of the community centre
• a vendor’s village which included area merchants and suppliers including:
Bolts and Bobbins Quilt Shoppe
The Cotton Mill Threadworks
From the Heart Quilt Shop
Jose’s Antique Buttons, Lace and Sewing Stuff
Kawartha Quilting Systems
Sew Little Time
Taylor Sewing Centre
That Added Touch
The Quilter’s Bolt
The Stitch Witch
Thimbles & Things
Your #1 Sewing Centre
• demonstrations and presentations by quilters and artisans
• quilt appraisals by Certified Professional Quilt Appraiser Rosalie I. Tennison by appointment. Rosalie Tennison is a certified quilt appraiser from the American Quilters’ Society who will supply an appraisal of quilts as works of art for appraisal purposes. Attendees are encouraged to bring their quilts for appraisal by Ms. Tennison
• a Members’ Boutique will have a variety of items made by members for sale
• a chance for area quilters from other guilds and across the province to network and to share ideas and techniques.